Monday, March 22, 2010

Review: "The Bounty Hunter"

Let me first start off by saying that the studios seem to be churning out the romantic comedy genere by the truckload this year. So with that being said I was a bit hesitant about my latest cinematic outing. Being an avid fan of both Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler, I had been eagerly awaiting the release of this film for some time and suffice it to say, they didn't disappoint.

Butler plays Milo Boyd, a down on his luck ex-cop turned bounty hunter while Aniston, his ex-wife, is his next assignment. Eager and willing, Milo sets out to stick it to Nicole (Aniston), but then his plans go haywire. Throw in a couple of bumbling pseudo gangsters and an enamored co-worker henceforth the hilarity ensues.

With all the comedy and deception the real appeal of the film is the chemistry between Aniston and Butler, this pair was enchanting, convincing and purposeful. I was ever hopeful, as I'm sure many of my co-viewers were, that the pair would overlook their perplexing situation and rekindle their romance.

I'll admit over the years I've developed an admiration for the romantic comedy genre, quite a departure from my usual viewing mainstay of slasher films. Two films, of this genre, have really stuck out this year, this being one and the earlier "Leap Year". I guess it's not so bad departing the cinema with a 'feel good' mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment